Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 up to the top of tower ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 up to the top of tower ?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 12:42:56 -0500
I had two runs of LMR600 to the top of my 150 foot tower.  Water got in and
ruined the cable.  They are being replaced with Andrews LDF4-50A, which will
run all the way to the entrance panel mounted on the outside of the shack
wall.

I am also running LDF5-50A for my repeater antenna, that will end at the
bottom of the tower.  Both ends have DIN connectors.  I have a pair of 22
foot Sureflex assemblies that will be used to run from antenna to top, and
from bottom to entrance panel.

Rototated (HF) antennas will use double shield 214 for rotator loop to avoid
interference with repeater.

73, Keith NM5G