Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-600 end connector, M or F ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-600 end connector, M or F ?
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:23:07 -0500
I tried N female barrels for bulkheads and didn't feel they made a good connection. I planned on installing them on grounding brackets at the top and bottom of the tower. After installed in the ground bracket(http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-cgb-150), one side didn't seem to make a good solid connection to the N Male connector as it was a bit too short.

After researching and trying a few connectors I settled on the following:

- N Male connectors for the LMR-600 http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUICK-TYPE-10-Packs-N-male-crimp-connector-1-2-LMR-600-CA600-RF-Coaxial-Cable-/131217432221? These are self captivating on the center conductor and crimp around the shield.

- N Female to PL-259 adapters https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=94997

At HF I don't think there's much loss to be concerned about with the adapters. I'm using stack match's and poly phaser's that already were setup with SO-239's which is the reason for the adapters. If I was starting from scratch on all of the devices I would try to go N all the way.

W9AC will probably chime in on the barrel's and I would trust his suggestions.

Rich - N5ZC