Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter inv V

To: "'Jim Hargrave'" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>, "'Ham - Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter inv V
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:47:57 -0500
With a 90 foot high apex and the ends supported by 35-foor masts, it will be
possible to maintain about a 90 degree enclosed angle, a good match, a
close-to omni-directional pattern, and increased gain at lower elevation
angles for better DX performance.

If total overall "length" were no consideration, with enough rope, the
anchor points could be at ground level and still have the ends of the
inverted V at 35-feet above ground. With 35-foot high supports at each end
the overall "length" of the antenna will be much shorter.

Yes, in 1960 when I started out I though my 40M dipole at 25 feet worked
pretty well. My "DX" antenna for 20M was #12 wire taped to a cane fishing
pole mounted on the roof with 4 sloping radials and was fed directly with 50
ohm coax. My Globe Chief 90A seemed to be happy with the antenna.

73,
Marsh, KA5M