Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 05:07:36 -0400
Unprotected Kevlar is susceptible to the elements. It's normally sheathed in PVC The ends are capped and sealed to keep moisture out as in Phillystran. It's a bit on the expensive side, but I use it to guy a 100' 45G at 3 levels. The bottom 2 are 4400# strength (1/4") with the top being 6600 (5/16ths) with a large array on top.

I've been to the top when the wind was near my limit, yet I felt no movement in the tower. OTOH the 30' mast out the top was moving like a Bluegill fly rod that had just tied into a monster Bass!
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/Tower29.htm

73

Roger (K8RI)