Re: [TowerTalk] RG8X connector issues

To: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG8X connector issues
From: Thomas Noel <tnoel@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 12:19:02 -0400
Gerald,

I use the tools from High Sierra for coax prep, with dedicated bypass cutter to
cut the coax. I tried taper filing, I tried pre-tinning, I went so far as
having to drop out nearly 1/3 of the strands before I could get it to pass into
the center crimp. I finally salvaged some of the connectors by drilling out the
center hole and basically converting them to crimp/solder style. Got my jumpers
made, but not a good solution either way.

Thomas W Noel
KF7RSF