[TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:09:23 -0700
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:32:11 -0400
From: Scott Johns <scottw3tx@verizon.net>
To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

Several years ago WA2WVL had a really nice lecture on 80m long-boom
inverted-V Yagis at the Dayton Antenna Forum.  It's been on my bucket list
ever since.

An important safety aspect of these antennas is to make sure the
terminations are on posts well above head level of people and wildlife.

73, Scott W3TX

##  That’s not a vee beam u just described,  it’s a wire yagi with
inverted vee els.      What the fellow is talking abt is a old style vee beam,
which is one half of a rhombic.

##  The problem with a single  inverted vee is.... it radiates omni
directional...off the ends
and the sides.   Unless the enclosed angle is like 150-180 degs, I cant see
making a
wire yagi from inverted vee els having much success.   Has anybody modeled it ?

Jim  VE7RF