[TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM-240 problem

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM-240 problem
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:29:10 +0000 (UTC)
Steve,  I was having similar problems in which logic was no help and it turned
out that my MFJ antenna analyzer was bad.  Since then my bread and butter
analyzer is the iPortable iP60z.  I now have 2 analyzers and it has saved me a
lot of time for sure.

Also once when I was really stumped it turned out that I had fried my coax
switching relay.  After that I use single coax runs exclusively.  Both problems
produced weird resonance dips.  These problems shouldn't have been that hard to
figure out but I made it a real circus by trusting bad equipment.  Hopefully
you have been able to verify your test equipment and they are good.  Sorry if
my reply is too simplistic....  Russ     K5ZZR   My Heroes Wear Combat
Boots!