Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. TowerTalk

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. TowerTalk Digest, Vol 154, Issue 16
From: Stephen Davis <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:06:37 -0400
   Hi Guys

A very easy to put up, with good results to a distance of 400 miles (at least
from here in MA) , omni directional , is a NIVIS.  I studied NIVIS literature
and put up a 1/2 wave dipole on 75 m.,  only 16 ft above ground, with a ground
radial of 125% of the dipole overall length.  The radial is attached to a
ground rod at the mid point of the radial .  The radial  just lays on the
ground directly below the dipole.   I use PolyStealth ™ 14 AWG for the dipole
and the ground radial  (PolyStealth wire has a PE(polyethylene) jacket which I
have found the critters do not like to chew on as they
do to much of the PVC I used to use in my woods, thus we came up with PE  outer
jacket  to combat the critter (rodent) attack .  Many swear by it (hams that
is,...  the rodents swear at it).   HI

Steve,  K1PEK       DAVIS RF Co.       bcc: nh