Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 154, Issue 18
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:45:58 -0700
Boy - you sure are right on that Kelly.

The 400 mile distance gets me into eastern Oregon, Northern California, and western Idaho. Not a whole lot of activity going on in those areas. Being right on the ocean I don't start getting into population areas until I hit, at least, Colorado. Quite a bit of activity in Washington so that is a plus, but not like the big population centers.

That's why it's nice to have 2 different antennas for 80 meters.  73
Tom W7WHY