Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Broadcast Station Mixing in Crank-Up tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rich@n7tr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Broadcast Station Mixing in Crank-Up tower?
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:58:55 -0400
>  Thoughts about grounding the top section to the bottom  when fully
extended?

Hiya, Rich ==

    The tower is already totally connected by the  cables so I don't think
that'll buy you anything.

>  Was thinking of grounding the coax at the top and bottom  of the tower?

    Always a good idea for lightning protection but  probably no impact on
your tower resonance problem. Maybe putting out a long  counterpoise will
help de-tune it which is what you're trying to do.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH