Re: [TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete b

To: StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>, tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete base?
From: J Chaloupka via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 19:55:31 +0000 (UTC)
      From: StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
 To: tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:03 PM
 Subject: [TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete
base?

thanks for all the comments.... it does seem like the foundation drawing they
have appears to be more for pier pin than when a section is in the mix. I’d
think a section would provide tremendous ... connectivity (?) to the concrete.
In the past I’ve just slid in some straight pieces of re-bar to extend out into
the rest of the pour. But I’m concerned that without a ‘formal’ drawing (for
the inspector) I’m stuck with building this large rebar cage system even WITH a
tower section in there. The second tower, the larger of the two is rotating so
the rotation hardware goes on top so I will use/need the rebar they show.
Hopefully they (again – the inspector) don’t mind making it a square and not a
circle as that seems easier to me (use a cutoff wheel to cut the back of it
allowing it to cleanly bend at the needed corners).

Gary