Re: [TowerTalk] Question

To: Arnie Pfingst <arnie123@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:41:14 -0600
Hi Arnie,

A full wave dipole has a very high impedance at the feedpoint, and can be
hard to match, and will also lead to significant cable losses, especially
when you get into the VHF range.

A three element is rather small, and not so directive that you won't hear
anything off of the back or sides.  I have been using a MFJ 3 element  beam
on 6m off and on for 15 years. Weighs 2 pounds, easy to assemble, and costs
100 dollar.  I think I have worked 35 countries or so using one.

Hope to see you on 6m soon, it is a great band.  There are good 6 meter
reflectors at qth.net (50mhz) and at yahoogroups (6meter).

73 John AF5CC