[TowerTalk] ProSisTel PST110D-Pro Rotator

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ProSisTel PST110D-Pro Rotator
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 01:04:01 -0700

The horrendous wind gusts I get on my hillside QTH ... raging 80 to 90 mph swirlers that apply a push-pull torque on the boom (and therefore the mast) when they hit the antennas head on ... have stripped the gears on my PST-61D rotator, so I'm in the market for a heavier duty version. I don't need lots of rotating torque and I don't need lots of weight bearing capability, but I do need the equivalent of a lot of braking torque ... mostly really beefy gears. I've been considering the monster PST110D-Pro but I'm aware of one nearby ham who has had recent reliability problems with the motor in two different PST110D rotators that he purchased.

I sent an email to Array Solutions almost two weeks ago (info@arraysolutions.com) asking them for their comments on the issue but they haven't bothered to respond, and a bunch of internet searching has come up with very little information (good or bad) on the PST110D.

So does anyone here on the reflector have any first hand experience with this rotator ... or know anyone who does? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Dave   AB7E