Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 23:02:06 -0600
I used to stack 25 by myself by pulling it up, standing it up on the cross
braces, then lifting it onto the tubes.  I always felt I could drop a
section if I got into trouble.  When I tried it with two climbers, both
holding the section, we had to drop the section to the ground.  Seems we
were fighting against each other to balance the section.  After I passed 70
years of age I thought I could still do it, but I guess I'm not quite as
strong as I was.  I use a gin pole now (but I still do most tower work
solo, or with the wife driving the truck to pull stuff up.  :-)

Chuck W5PR