[TowerTalk] Mast diameter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast diameter
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:18:16 -0500
TTalkians,

I have a 20' long steel mast (looks like chrome moly) with 0.25" walls, which until today I assumed was 2" in diameter. I had taken it down from the tower where it was in service, so at the time I assumed (!!!!) it was made to be a mast. Today I tried a 2" DX Engineering mast clamp on it and it was loose. I did what I should have done a long time ago and measured the mast with dial calipers, and found the actual diameter is 1.903"...!!

As a result I have queries for all you experts:
1) What do I have?
2) What is the best clamping gear available for that mast size?

Thanks all for sharing your expertise and have a great holiday weekend!

Howie - WA4PSC