Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Guying

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Guying
From: GALE STEWARD via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 19:34:05 +0000 (UTC)
I've seen trees used for as guy anchors but it gives me concern. However, they
seem to work well for masts that hold up wire antennas or for something
temporary for a small antenna.

Last spring I had a fairly large ash tree that I found was totally rotted out
in the center of the trunk, probably 40% of it. There was no sign of this issue
externally.
This tree was NOT used for guying and there was nothing attached to it but I
had it taken down. It's now a nice, useful pile of firewood.
73, Stew K3ND