[TowerTalk] Mosley RV-6-C

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley RV-6-C
From: GMuller885--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:33:26 -0500
Hi again folks.

I have two questions.
   I am mounting the RV-6-C  on a 8 foot pole mounted to a  2 x 12 lagged
to a 4x4 buried 4 feet in the ground. The 4x4  support is for a fence. On top
of the fence sits a 2x4 with a 2x6 flat on the  top.
    1.  I want to run radials as recommended by Mosley.  I was thinking of
using stand offs every 3 feet to isolate the radial from the  wood cap. I
would run 10-12-15 on one side and 17-20-40 on the other  side.  The radials
would  be tied to trout line and then to  eye bolts to give tension with  a
manual tensioner on each rope  for each radial.  Will this work?
    2. Since the antenna plus pole is 30 feet above ground  and we
occasionally have winds of 30 to 60 mph here in Houston, TX,  I was  wondering
about
guying the antenna. The bottom of the guys would be  tied to Eye bolts.  I
was thinking of PhiliStran but still need to know how  to connect it to the
Antenna and at what height so as to not effect the  SWR.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald Muller K9GEM
GMuller885@aol.com