Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 loading coils

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 loading coils
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 08:44:17 -0800
Stan,

Thanks for the addr for the coil calc.
Yeah it looks like they got their act together with the Tornado's

thanks Stan,
Bob
K6UJ

On 1/3/16 11:14 PM, Stan Stockton wrote:
Bob,

The Tornado coil is a motorized inductor that compresses or expands the coil to
change inductance.  It was developed by Seco-Systems, not N6BT.  They are heavy
and expensive but cool.

To the best of my knowledge anyone can buy those from Mike at Seco-Systems.  I
know Force 12 has bought them in past for center loading on big low band
dipoles or verticals.

The larger air wound coils with Delrin on each side may approach the properties
you would see using the Hamwaves inductance calculator.

http://hamwaves.com/antennas/inductance.html

Wish they would add option for inches :-)

Hope this helps in some way.

73... Stan, K5GO