Re: [TowerTalk] how does one accomplish a 'stud' for elements?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] how does one accomplish a 'stud' for elements?
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 02:50:28 -0800
The elements on the Cushcraft XM240 are loaded with a combination lumped inductor and capacitance hat. I believe they are resonate at around 18 MHz.

73, Mike W4EF.............

On 1/3/2016 12:08 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
How about omitting the linear loading and converting it to loading coils,
which is probably a better option anyway.  My High-Q coil loaded 40m beams
are not resonant on 15m, one is about 17 feet away from my middle 15m beam
with no noticeable interaction.

John Kk9A