Re: [TowerTalk] Buried section base...and lightning protection.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buried section base...and lightning protection.
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 12:42:18 -0500
I am totally amazed at  how concrete has weakened over the years.

When I put up my 64' UNGUYED Heights tower in 1970, 4'x4'x4' was all that was required and that held a tribander and other antennas for years (rebar wasn't mentioned and it was hand mixed concrete). For a 50' guyed tower, all I used was 30" square and 8" deep.

But that was back before we had modern computers to tell us it wouldn't work.

Ken WA8JXM