Re: [TowerTalk] How far away from the shack for that mighty fine tower :

To: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How far away from the shack for that mighty fine tower :-]
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 20:34:56 -0800
What I did was to build a separate 10x12 foot shack
close to the main 106 foot tower. Yes, an actual
radio shack, not a room in the house that you call
the shack.  Going forward, with remote operation
being easier all the time, I envision operating from
anywhere, and the shack becomes just a equipment
shelter, not an operating room.  I haven't quite
gotten to that status yet.  Prior to this, I operated
from a house that was 200 feet from the tower.
This distance was quite a hassle to deal with in
terms of wire.  There was also the issue with getting
all the wires through the wall of the house.
I ran the wires through 4 inch drainage pipe.  It
is corrugated, so it doesn't work well as conduit.
Wouldn't do that again.

Rick N6RK