Re: [TowerTalk] Andrew FSJ4-50 issues

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Andrew FSJ4-50 issues
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 16:38:44 +0100
Hi Jim,

Never heard about the cable not being for outdoor use.
It is essential to fill the body of the plugs with silicone grease to
prevent the accumulation of condensed water.
Connectors may not be left unprotected from the weather even for one day.
I use that stuff across my rotators together with a few CF12-50 cables.
Main feed lines are LCF78-50 or RG218.
In total 13 such cables are turned on my 4 towers, 8x LCF12-50, 5x FSJ4-50.

73
Peter, DJ7WW