[TowerTalk] Verticals and well pipe grounding

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals and well pipe grounding
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:40:55 -0800
For those who have expertise with verticals....
Since the conversation has come up my interest has been perked.

Here is an article online article on tips for reducing ground-loss in
vertical installations from Hawaii Ham Radio club.

http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/uham/radials.html

There is a section in the article called "Cool Water and other Ground
Friends" where the use of well pipes for ground is described.

My question is...are they talking about using a well pipe instead of
radials?
And if so wouldn't it be true that the only benefit would be minimizing
RF burns and possibly increasing the RF current for the radiating
portion of the antenna?

Thanks
Duane
--