[TowerTalk] Military mast and guy-wire tension?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Military mast and guy-wire tension?
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 07:41:44 -0800
I believe it the case that tower manufactures recommend guy-wire tension
to be 10% of the lines breaking strength?
In that case, assuming that 3/16th line is common for Rohn 25 towers
etc, and has a BS of 3900lbs, then one would set the guy tension to
390lbs?

And there is some concern about tower failure due to downward
compression from over-tightening?

I believe the AB-621 instructions specify 200lbs as the guy line
tension.
I'm wondering if those who have setup the military masts like the AB-621
follow this or some other rule?
I want to make sure I've got guy line tension well established.
Thanks,
Duane
--
 Bw_dw@fastmail.net