Re: [TowerTalk] Military mast and guy-wire tension?

To: bw_dw@fastmail.fm, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Military mast and guy-wire tension?
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 09:44:02 -0500
Duane, the guy tension is only a fraction of the downward force created by
a 90 MPH wind storm blowing on the structure and antenna load. 25G sections
are  rated for about 7,000 pounds vertical load.

Still though, adding too much guy tension is not a good thing. The tension
can be estimated by formula based on guy length and sag if one doesn't wish
to  invest in a tension measuring device. Google will turn up information
on  this.

Yes, 390 pounds is the correct tension for 3/16"EHS cable,

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 2/6/2016 9:42:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,