Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding to Rohn 45G and 55G

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding to Rohn 45G and 55G
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 14:54:17 -0600
In a previous life I was a certified R/D and production welder.
Letting something so uncontrolled as cadweld loose on a relatively thin steel tube like a Rohn leg is just begging for trouble.

Yes, the tower section is welded but under exacting conditions, in a special built jig, by a human who is in control of the temperature and placement of the weld. Not so with a cadweld shot which is nothing more than a contained yet uncontrolled exothermic reaction. I'd charge $150 just to turn my welder on to fix the hole.