[TowerTalk] RG6 coax question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG6 coax question
From: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 07:51:39 -0600
Howdy Tower Talkers , My question is if water can get into the RG6 coax through the outer cover ? The RG6 I'm using is Commscope but it's not the flooded ! I lay the coax on the ground to a HI-Z Receive 4 SQ , so I can remove it in the spring and reinstall in the Fall . The RG6-F- connectors are 8 to 12 inches off the ground and taped good , so if water is getting in, it would have to come in through the insulation ... if that's possible ? I'm asking these questions because the HI-Z RX 4SQ uses a Bias T throu the 4 phasing lines and if water or moister gets in it will create noise and I have noise in 3 of the 4 directions ! 8.5 inches of rain in 2 days is allot of water !

Thanks Ed N5DG

---