Re: [TowerTalk] RG6 coax question

To: TexasRF@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG6 coax question
From: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:59:15 -0600
Tnx Gerald , I did know that but wasn't thinking. I'll get my waders on and check it out .

Ed N5DG

On 3/12/2016 9:29 AM, TexasRF@aol.com wrote:
Ed, I can't answer your question but can tell how to determine if there is water in the coax. A digital meter usually as a 20 megohm setting. If there is any water present, you will get a reading between the center conductor and outer conductor.
You probably already knew this.
Every water intrusion issue encountered here has been associated with a connector in spite of precautions taken to prevent it.
73,
Gerald K5GW