Re: [TowerTalk] BALUN revisited again

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BALUN revisited again
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:18:09 -0500
Hi Patrick

The benefits of a choke go beyond what happens on TX. A choke can also cut down
RX noise.

If you read k9yc's material, you'll see a choke does not need to be complicated
or expensive. Using his data, I made one that was nothing more than 8 turns
through a Biggest Clamp-on.

As well, your contact's suggestion ignores the fact most antennas that need
chokes already have feedlines departing at 90 degrees.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone