Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 06:00:49 -0700
On 5/7/16 6:18 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:
Interesting topic guys.
I have always used two PL-259's and a barrel connector when splicing.

I'm with you Tom.  Does anyone know what the actual loss is from this
arrangement or splicing as described ?
We always hear about how joe ham did this or that and it worked great,
what is the actual loss folks ?

Bob

At HF frequencies, the actual *loss* is going to be "unmeasureably low" just like the loss through the PL-259s and the barrel.

Unless you do something silly like solder only one of the braid wires across the gap, or leave braid wires close to the center conductor.