Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 17:07:38 -0700
Slow down folks, let's not get bent because someone may differ from your position. But let's not get into an attack mode.

IMHO 99% of what I see posted here is based on someone's personal experience or learned knowledge. From time to time the post may deal with a proven and generally accepted scientific fact, but it is the exception.

It is wise to consider all opinions and weigh them against your personal situation, choosing the one or ones that you feel best comfortable with.

I am considerate of someone's concerns about a product or service, and it may or may not affect or influence me. The important thing is that the post was taken in consideration, perhaps used or perhaps discarded.

We all are different (thank gosh) and we all live in different places and have different stations. Although the existing various programs are a big help, they are not an end by themselves. Vertical spacing between beams is a good example. We all have been told there is a basic rule, based on sound theory. But many have seen no or minimal problems using closer spacing than specified as the norm.

I have the greatest respect for those who have tried something and then pass along the results. But sometimes it appears that posts get into hair splitting. For many this may lead to deadening of the brain.

We all have a Delete button.

Just another opinion,

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk