Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 17:58:32 -0700
On Tue,5/10/2016 2:31 PM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
I apologize for presenting my opinion.
Clearly, someone knows better than I.
My decades of experience must mean
nothing.

Huh? I certainly meant no offense, but when a guy like W3LPL speaks about RF issues, I tend to listen. There are lots of guys around with decades of experience, and most of us try to learn from each other. I've had my head handed to me on a plate several times when I was mistaken about something, and I learned from being corrected, and/or being presented with new facts about a product or vendor.

Further, science is hardly a matter of "opinion," but rather a study of how things work. With components and equipment, it's often a matter of knowing which mfrs make the better stuff, which are more careful about quality control, and which are peddling cheaper crap. I learned that working for Motorola in my first job out of college. I cited my experience with RF Connection, and with other junk connectors -- that's not "opinion," its some facts. :)

73, Jim K9YC