Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling question - for the experts!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling question - for the experts!
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 21:04:40 -0700
On 6/2/16 6:39 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
So we agree that the 15m SWR of a 40m dipole will be over 2:1.  If it is not
high impedance (100+ ohms) as I stated causing this, what is?

Well, to me, when someone talks "high impedance" in connection with dipoles, I think in terms of kOhms... (like a doublet that is a wavelength long).

100 ohms (compared to 72 ohms for an ideal dipole) isn't really "high", it's a 1.4:1

John KK9A