Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping XM-240

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping XM-240
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:53:08 -0700
On 6/6/2016 7:05 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
Look for S&D PVC pipe.  S&D is sewer and drain pipe and is much lighter
so cheaper to ship. Most big box stores have it at least 4 inches in
diameter.

Patrick        NJ5G

In California, they don't use PVC drain pipe in construction;
it's all ABS.  Retail big box stores don't sell PVC S&D.
They don't even sell 3 and 4 inch schedule 40 any more.
I only know PVC S&D exists because I have a habit of visiting
hardware stores when I am traveling, just to see what
they might have that is different from my local stores.
(Yes, I know that's weird :-)

What you can get in CA is PVC irrigation (sprinkler)
pipe in either "classes" like class 125 or in SDR
(standard dimension ratio).  Right here in Galt
(of all places) you can get it at Galt Pipe.  They
go up as high as 12 inches.  Elsewhere,
the Horizon Irrigation chain is a good source.

Rick N6RK