Re: [TowerTalk] Reusing guy lines

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reusing guy lines
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:18:07 -0400
Several of you advise against reusing Big Grips, and while I can understand
your trepidation bcuz of the loss of the 'sand' in the fixture, and maybe their
'gripping form', my thoughts are simple.I have a large tower to put up (150'
R55) and have plenty of 3/16 and 1/4" guy to support it. Said guys have grips
on them and I plan to reuse the grips. However, when I do, I will secure them
with the same wire clamps many of you use WITHOUT grips - bend the guy back
thru the thimble and secure it with clamps.  So why can I not use clamps ON the
grips to assure nothing will move/slip ?!?
73RoGrrraka RogerKC8HZ