Re: [TowerTalk] Reusing guy lines

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reusing guy lines
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 23:40:33 -0500
The clamps will not be sized for the grips.  This is a terrible idea.  I
will (and have) reused most anything, but not grips.  Old grips are ok if
already on the line, but you cannot remove them and reattach them.
The clamps are precisely sized for the line which is doubled over, not for
the unknown size of a single strand with a grip on it.

Jeez, please trust us on this one.  You are putting up a large tower....

Chuck W5PR