Re: [TowerTalk] Sad news N5IA SK in tower fall

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sad news N5IA SK in tower fall
From: n4zkf <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:56:50 -0400
$2660 is the average it cost me to install them on my towers. (they are
³safety-climbs²) as we call them in telecom. I use only Stainless kits
made by Tuf-Tug. While it is NOT a requirement by anyone they be on a
commercial tower nor are you necessarily ³free climbing² without one (if
you stay tied off 100% of the time) I try to have one on every tower in my
area under me which is around 6000+ towers and keep them clean and up to
date so people are more likely to use them. I replace about 10 a year as
they get old and our own climbers say they need replaced. What is $3k
compared to a life? Nothing.

But we have caught GC¹s on our towers free climbing anyway and sent them
down the road and removed them from our approved vendor list never to come
on our property again. Some you can teach Jim.

Safety 1st.

73 Dave n4zkf
e-mail: n4zkf@n4zkf.com
web: http://www.n4zkf.com
AR-Cluster node: 145.05 Mhz. or telnet://dxc.n4zkf.com:23
CC-Cluster node: 145.07 Mhz. or telnet://ccc.n4zkf.com:7373
Packet BBS: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. or telnet://bbs.n4zkf.com:6300
BPQ Node: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. (n4zkf-5)
SEDAN Node: 145.770 Mhz. (n4zkf-7)
N4ZKF/R 147.375 Mhz. Tone 103.5