Re: [TowerTalk] Any thoughts on spider-beams?

To: "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any thoughts on spider-beams?
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:25:53 -0500
I used a modified Spiderbeam for Field Day and this year, we did use the
NN4ZZ HexLock. Worked like a charm. We used it on ~30 feet mast in a
Penninger mount with a Yaesu rotator at the base. Guyed at 2 points with 4
guys each using glow-in-the-dark cleats. :) Pulled one set of guys up and
over a 10 foot ladder using the front loader of a tractor. Zips right up
without heartburn.

We took a video of the raising with a Chroma-copter drone. I have it in
Dropbox right now - it's rather large and I haven't had time to compress it
yet. But it is sharable if you would like.

Way better than the complexity of an AB-577, which I also have. We used to
use it with a F12 C4S. Just a lot to do for FD. We're now old enough that we
actively look to lighten and simplify ... everything !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL