Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another reality data

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another reality data
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:32:40 -0400

That is a good question Jim. 72' stacking distance works well with small
40m beams however K3LR's 4el OWA antennas are anything but small. I
believe that he has three which puts the top one at 262 feet. I too
would think equally spacing them down the tower would be better but I
have not modeled this scenario.

John KK9A

[TowerTalk] Stacking question - another reality data
from [Jim Thomson] [Permanent Link][Original]

"Tim Duffy K3LR said:

I have 41 years experience in stacking 2, 3 and 4 Yagi's high.
After many hours behind the HFTA and NEC model engines - then putting
Yagi's
up in the air and using them for many years here at K3LR - these are the
stacking distances that have worked very well at this Western PA QTH:

Lowest Yagi height:
40 meters - 118 feet
Then - stacking distances by band:
40 meters - 72 feet

## How did the 118 ft for the lowest height for 40m come about ? That
and the
72 ft stacking distance on 40M ? That would put the upper 40m at 190 ft.

72 ft spacing on 40m is like 36 ft spacing on 20m.

## I would have thought that a 95 / 190 stack on 40m....with 95 ft
spacing
would
have been the ticket.

Jim VE7RF