[TowerTalk] Long"ish" loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Long"ish" loop
From: n4jbk@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:06:01 +0000 (UTC)
I am contemplating putting up a loop in the 1400 foot length range.I am
planning to use this at least at first as a 75 and 160 meter balun fed loop. I
have known 1 or 2 people to do something similar to this but they were in
totally different parts of the country. The antennas worked well for them but
who knows what might happen here. I am wanting to improve on my 75 meter
inverted vee with its apex at 95 feet which works well. I am also thinking
about a 2 or 3 element beam up at 100 feet. I realize that one antenna should
be better for the nightly round table that I am often a part of and the other
should be a better DX antenna. I am planning to have the loop at around 50 feet
high and the antenna will be constructed from #8 stranded copper wire. I thank
everyone for your input. 73, Joe N4JBK