Re: [TowerTalk] Station grounding in a steel enclosure?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station grounding in a steel enclosure?
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 05:31:44 -0500
Jim,

The tower is out in the middle of the country and he does not have a traditional shack. The steel valve box is the shack/equipment room, which happens to be made out of steel, that he's trying to use to his advantage.

Trent won't be there to unplug cables like I/we can when a thunderstorm approaches. He's attempting to come up with the best possible lightning protection that he can in his situation.

Rich - N5ZC