Re: [TowerTalk] Selecting Coax connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Selecting Coax connectors
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 01:42:29 -0400
As a "personal choice", my hands are no longer steady enough to prevent getting solder on the outside of the center pin so I'm relegated to using the crimp type although I'd not seen any for the DIN. I would add that I can now hold the solder with my left hand if a lot of movement isn't required. I "would think" if the commercial guys are using crimp, it should be reliable enough.

OTOH I think this is a good place for long time users to chime in with their experiences.

73

Roger (K8RI)