Re: [TowerTalk] Cablewave hardline

To: "'Preston Smith'" <n6ss@inbox.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cablewave hardline
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 15:39:45 -0700
I'd like to piggyback on this question. I also have been searching for some
time to no avail for this Cablewave Systems heliax cable:

This is on a taped-on label -
        C371-21-27 1
        16733 8L
        Serial # 0029 (I also have serial 0032)

The heliax itself has continuous printing, hard to read because of
undulations in the outside conductor, but it looks like:
        16733-8L.1003-00 4-100

The outside conductor is one inch in diameter. I have two of these cables
from military surplus, both are 167 feet in length, and have Type-N
connectors with air fittings on the connectors, so I know it isn't foam
filled.

I would like to know another manufactures equivalent part, or the coax
specs, so I can cut the coax to a shorter length and install a 7/16 DIN
connector on one end, and a 1 5/8" EIA on the other.

Maybe someone could guess the specs from the numbers above, else I'm going
to have to take apart one of the beautifully done N-connector ends to get
the dimensions...

Thanks anyone,
-Doug Ronald
W6DSR