Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Analyzer / BC Interferance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Analyzer / BC Interferance
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 10:29:53 -0700
On Thu,9/15/2016 10:06 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Do you have a nearby broadcast station? I do not and the MFJ analyzer has
worked fine for me at three different stations.

This is exactly the right question. I live in the boonies, nearest AM broadcast is at least 10 miles away, and that only 1kW, So everything works for me.

At the QTH where I grew up in WV I was less than a mile from 5kW on 930 kHz and 5kW on 1470 kHz. That was in the '50s, and antenna analyzers didn't exist. But I wouldn't expect most analyzers to work there.

73, Jim K9YC