Re: [TowerTalk] F to UHF adapters

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F to UHF adapters
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 07:39:32 -0400
Maybe it depends on local weather, atmospheric contaminants, etc. I have had two varieties of very cheap (from eBay) F-female to UHF-male adapters on my Beverage system for 11 years without a problem. At the Beverage feeds they are wrapped with rubber tape then Super 88 vinyl. At the central relay box they are not wrapped at all but there is a plastic bucket over the top of the box to keep rain out. All still look like new and as far as I can tell work like new. I have never tried transmitting through one.

I am not aware of a "good quality" adpater of this type.

Paul N1BUG