Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower lightning protection

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower lightning protection
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:10:36 -0600
Steve is right, it's a non-issue.  Make sure your coax shields are bonded to
ground at the top and bottom of the tower, and where the cables enter the
house.  Bond tower to ground also at the bottom.

Chris
KF7P

On Oct 11, 2016, at 16:50 , K7LXC--- via TowerTalk wrote:

> What is the common method of making a good bond for  lightning between
sections of a crank up tower?

> Seems the slip joint between sections would be a lightning  protection
weakness if nothing is done...
Ideas or what has others  done?

   Well, the whole tower is electrically connected by  the
raising/lowering cables so I would say you don't have to do anything.

   So how would you propose bonding the sections when  it's extended? IOW
I think it's a non-issue.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC