Re: [TowerTalk] CO8DM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CO8DM
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:07:04 -0300
Sorry Bryan. That's smtp/pop3 gibberish to me.  I would have no way of
knowing.
I get direct emails from Doug just fine. I just can't seem to get one TO
him.  I've tried 6 ways from Sunday to no avail and was just to the point of
giving up so
chose this once to use the towertalk bandwidth to convey my apologies to
Doug.

I would think if my local ISP (nbnet, parent company BELLALIANT, aka BELL)
was truly blocking email service from certain areas like Cuba, it would NOT
allow me to RECEIVE them, right?

I am pretty sure in the past I have spoken with Arnie CO2KK over email,
though it's been quite a few years ago now.

Thanks for the idea.maybe I'll remove the diode from my outgoing cat5e
line?!

Mike VE9AA

On 10/14/16 11:47 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
> <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>: host mail.frcuba.co.cu[190.6.65.2] refused to talk
> me:
>
>     550 HELO argument does not match calling host

Does your email transit via softlayer or is your email provider hosted
there?

Softlayer and a few other carriers are known to block Cuba, Iran, and the
DPRK
IP space.

--
Bryan Fields