Re: [TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?
From: GARY HUBER <GLHuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:44:20 +0000
I've used a Butternut HF-2V,  40 - 80 vertical which is NOT trapped but
uses capacitance to work around the adjustable 80 meter inductance.  In
my installation I've used "umbrella" top loading with four 12 foot
copper wires and weed trimmer line for guys and support. With two dozen
66 foot radials (laid on top of the grass [mowed short for the install]
pinned down with landscape pins) it has less than 2:1 VSWR across 40
meters, and 100 kHz bandwidth on 80 meters. I've worked a lot of DX with
the HF-2V but I'll admit it's low angle take off is not good for in
state or local QSOs beyond ground wave and in the skip zone.

73 ES DX,
Gary - AB9M