Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Tower

To: "fredkeen@ymail.com" <fredkeen@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Tower
From: Joe Partlow <joe.w6jwp@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:19:55 -0800
It appears to be in good physical condition. It has the tilt over base and
rotator which has some light surface rust. It's missing the pulley collar.
It has an electric winch to extend and retract the mast but I couldn't try
it out because there was no power at the QTH and the up/down control switch
was broken and it was raining. There's a 6 element beam and something like
a Ringo Ranger mounted on it.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Fred Keen <fredkeen@ymail.com> wrote:

> I meant to ask what condition, my bad.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Fred Keen
> <fredkeen@ymail.com> wrote:
> Sorry my ignorance, but what tower is it?
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Joe Partlow
> <joe.w6jwp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to buy my first antenna tower. I found out a another ham who
> lived here in Camarillo, CA passed away in November. His estate sold off or
> gave away all his stuff before I found out about it but they still have his
> tower and antenna. I've gotten a quote from guy (who recommended this list)
> in San Diego to remove and transport them for about $1500. I'm currently
> waiting to hear from the city about a zoning clearance. So I have a couple
> of questions for the list:
>
> Is this a good tower?
> Is this a good deal?
> Is there anything I should look for on the tower that would be a deal
> breaker?
> Anybody have experience permitting a tower in my area?
>
> --
> - 73 -
> - Joe W6JWP

- 73 -