Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 16:16:10 -0800
On 2/7/17 3:46 PM, Arnie Pfingst wrote:
Several people here have mentioned "home owners insurance" will cover towers and
antennas. Here in So. Calif i was advised by my insurance co. that unless "Tower. or Antenna
Support" or what ever is specifically mentioned its not covered in any way. I got a special
rider to make sure my tower and antenna are covered. It is like $15 yr for full replacement cost

Of significantly more interest, given the attractive nuisance aspect being discussed, is whether the HO liability coverage also extends to the antenna support structure.

the risk exposure is small for this..- the dominant source of liability claims for HO insurance (something like >30%) is dog bites.